History of the Winery
Alta Vista is located in the heart of Chacras de Coria, 15 km South of Mendoza city, in one of Mendoza’s most fertile wine growing regions of Lujan de Cuyo. The winery was established over one hundred years ago, in 1899, but over the years has been under different management. In 1998, the D’Aulan family of France, purchased the winery and began to pursue their dreams of combining French Savoir Faire with Argentine Passion.
In 2003 the winery was restored with cutting-edge technology, transforming the original adobe walls into brick. The original charm of the winery has been elegantly preserved while greatly modernized and improved.
Alta Vista stands out from other wineries because of its small tanks, which enable the precise production of quality wines. These small cement tanks, lined with epoxy, have the capacity to hold 195,150 gallons, while the stainless steel tanks hold up to 250,990 gallons. Their wines are aged with or without wood for a minimum of 12 months. Next the wine is stored in bottles for at least 3 months, before they are ready to be sold. Some of their specialty lines, like Alto, spend up to thirty six months in their cellar before they are distributed.